Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

"Where do you live?"

 



Vocabulary

1. Vibrant - full of energy and life, dynamic

2. Must-see - a place or attraction that is considered essential or highly recommended to visit

3. District - a specific area or region with its own unique features or characteristics

4. Diverse - having a variety of different types or elements, varied

5. Hiking - a long walk or trek, usually in nature or mountains

6. Recommendation - a suggestion or advice on what to do or where to go, especially based on personal experience or expertise


Comprehension Questions

1. What are the names of the characters in the conversation?

2. Where does Hideyo live?

3. What does Asuka say she likes about San Francisco?

4. What are some of Hideyo's favorite things to do in New York City?

5. How long has Asuka been living in San Francisco?

6. What does Hideyo suggest she and Asuka do in the future?



Conversation Practice

Conversation between Asuka and Hideyo about the topic "Where do you live?":


Asuka: Hi there! My name is Asuka. What's your name?


Hideyo: Hi, Asuka. My name is Hideyo. Nice to meet you.


Asuka: Nice to meet you too, Hideyo. So, where do you live?


Hideyo: I live in New York City. How about you?


Asuka: Oh, cool! I live in San Francisco.


Hideyo: That's great. How do you like it there?


Asuka: I really like it. It's a beautiful city with lots to see and do. What about New York? Do you like living there?


Hideyo: Yeah, I love it. It's always busy and there's always something new to discover. Plus, there are so many different kinds of food to try!


Asuka: That sounds amazing. I've always wanted to visit New York. What's your favorite thing to do there?


Hideyo: Hmm, that's a tough one. There's so much to choose from! I really love going to museums and art galleries, and of course, there's the theater district. And like I said, the food is amazing. How about you? What's your favorite thing to do in San Francisco?


Asuka: I really enjoy hiking in the nearby mountains and going to the beach. And the food is pretty great here too, especially the seafood.


Hideyo: That sounds lovely. I'll have to come to visit someday!


Asuka: Definitely! And if you ever make it out to San Francisco, I'll be happy to show you around.


Hideyo: That sounds great, Asuka. I've heard that there are some amazing sights to see in San Francisco, like the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. I'd love to check them out.


Asuka: Yes, those are definitely must-see spots. And there are also some great neighborhoods to explore, like Chinatown and the Haight-Ashbury district.


Hideyo: That sounds really interesting. I'll have to make a list of all the places I want to visit when I come to San Francisco.


Asuka: That's a good idea. And if you need any suggestions or recommendations, just let me know.


Hideyo: Thanks, I appreciate it. So, how long have you been living in San Francisco?


Asuka: I've been here for about five years now. How about you? How long have you been in New York City?


Hideyo: I've lived here my whole life, actually. I was born and raised in Brooklyn.


Asuka: Wow, that's really cool. I've always been fascinated by New York City. It seems like such a vibrant and diverse place.


Hideyo: It definitely is. There's never a dull moment here, that's for sure.


Asuka: Yeah, I can imagine. Well, it was great talking to you, Hideyo. Maybe we can chat more about our cities sometimes.


Hideyo: Definitely, I'd like that. Nice meeting you, Asuka. Take care!


Asuka: You too, Hideyo. Bye for now!

Mga Komento