Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

Free time


This topic is a discussion about your free time.


VOCABULARY

spare time:             The time when you are free to do other things aside from work

                                Ex. What do you do in your spare time?

leisure time:           The time when you are not working and you can relax and do things that you enjoy; spare time

Ex. I am very busy with my work, and I don’t have much leisure time.

leisure activities:   The things that you do during your leisure time.

                                Ex. I visit the museum during my leisure time.


DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

1. When do you have free time?

2. Do you have much free time on weekends?

3. What do you do in your free time? /How do you spend your free time?

4. Do you like watching movies/playing computer games or surfing the internet in your free time?

5. Do you play any sports?

6. Where do you go when you have free time?

7. Who do you spend your free time with?

8. How do women in your family usually spend their free time?

9. How do men in your family usually spend their free time?

10. Do men and women spend their free time differently? How?

11. Do people's leisure time activities change as they get older? How?

12. If you had more free time, what would you do with it?

13. How do young people in this country usually spend their free time?


CONVERSATION PRACTICE

A:      What do you on your spare time?

B:      Because I had spare time to assist the event as my part-time job. I assisted the ballroom party in my spare time last Saturday.

About thirty people came to the ballroom party last Saturday. I was assigned to the reception. So I guided the participants to their places.  It was a school activity. Almost all of the participants were female.  The event was organized by my dance teacher.

A:      What do you do in your leisure time?

B:      What is leisure time?

A:      Leisure time is a time when you are not working and you can relax and do things that you enjoy. It could also be your spare time.

B:      I read books during my leisure time. Although last Friday, I went to the Pilates lesson. I always read during my leisure time at night

A:      Leisure activities could also include, aside from reading; watching movies, and hanging out with friends.

B:      Yeah! I hang out with my friends too.

A:      When do you have free time?

B:      I have free time in the morning and at night.

A:      Do you have much free time on weekends?

B:      I am working on the weekends so my rest day is on a weekday. I don’t have much free time on weekends.

A:      How do you spend your free time?

B:      I read books, go to Pilates lessons, and update my journal.

A:      Do you play any sports?

B:      I like walking and dancing. These are not really sports but I enjoy doing them.

A:      How do women in your family usually spend their free time?

B:     I and my mom enjoy lunch and drink alcohol in our house and enjoy talking.

A:      Do you think that men and women spend their free time differently? How?

B:      I think that men and women spend their free time differently. Me and my mom, usually enjoy the piano but my younger brother always watches a soccer game or plays baseball.

A:      Do you think that people's leisure time activities change as they get older? How?

B:      Yes, I do. Young people are very active, so when they go to Disneyland they enjoy the attraction but the older people enjoy the cafe and the landscape more. So I think that people's leisure time activities change as they get older.

A:      If you had more free time, what would you do with it?

B:      I like to do interior design so I would like to try to make a new bookshelf as my DIY project if I have more free time.

A:      Thank you for sharing some information about how you spend your free time.

https://satomi2022.blogspot.com/2022/04/free-time.html

Mga Komento